Our GO-TO, quick dessert to satisfy that sweet craving everybody gets! Healthy, yet divine, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. What’s so great about such a versatile recipe is that there are many substitutes if you don’t have an ingredient in your pantry. For example…
- dry quick oats for wheat flour or coconut flour.
- coconut oil for apple sauce (or olive oil for a less healthier version).
- vanilla extract for maple syrup.
- brown sugar for honey.
Only nine ingredients and twenty minutes later, these cookies can be in your tummy!
We like to dip our warm, no butter no flour oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in a cold glass of milk.
What do you like your cookies with? Peanut butter? Nutella? Almond milk? Chocolate milk?
Comment below and let us know!
P.S. Like us on Facebook ✔︎
No Flour Or Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serves: 12-15 cookies
- 1 3/4 cup Quick oats Or substitute: wheat flour, coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil Or substitute: apple sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract Or substitute: maple syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar Or substitute: honey
- 1 cup Dark chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 325F. Grease baking sheet. Grab two bowls.
In one bowl, stir together dry ingredients--oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In the second bowl, whisk together wet ingredients--coconut oil, vanilla, egg, brown sugar.
Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
Dough will be a little sticky. Refrigerate dough for 10 minutes. (Optional)
Or skip step 5, and spoon out sticky dough onto baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
Bake 12-13 minutes, or until slightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven. Let cool and enjoy with a cold glass of milk!
If coconut oil is hard, melt in microwave about 10-12 seconds until soft to avoid small chunks.